Thursday 19 May 2011

Blueberry Muffin

I didn't think about blogging the cooking experiments until one of my friends suggested to start a blog after seeing pictures of my cooking in my facebook page. So here's me kick starting my blog...


Everybody love muffins and I thought its very hard to make these. But I really wanted to make muffins and I tried several recipes, but it took me sometime to get perfect recipe.

Few things that I learned to make nice muffins are
  • right oven temperature
  • where to place the rack in the oven
  • follow the recipe 
If you follow the recipe, I can guarantee you that the muffins will melt in your mouth.

This recipe makes 20-22 muffins..

Ingredients
  • 3 cups All Purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 10 Tbsp butter (1 1/4 stick), softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup low fat yogurt
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
Method
  1. Adjust the oven rack to the middle lower part of the oven. Preheat oven to 375F or 150C
  2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together, beating until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until incorporated after each one. Beat in the vanilla essence.
  4. Beat in one half of the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Beat in one third of the yogurt. Beat in half of the remaining dry ingredients. Beat in a second third of the yogurt. Beat in the remaining dry ingredients and then the remaining yogurt. Again be careful to beat until just incorporated. Do not over beat. Fold in the berries. If you are using frozen berries, take them from freezer just before mixing. Don't over mix it.
  5. Coat each muffin cup lightly with a little butter. Or use one of those convenient vegetable oil sprays. Fill the muffin dough equally among the cups. Make sure to fill not more than half of the muffin cups. Bake until muffins are golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Test with a long toothpick to make sure the centers of the muffins are done.
P.S If there is cups empty during baking, pour some water in those so that the heat will be evenly distributed in the muffin tray.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment