Friday 10 June 2011

Tuna Pasta Bake

Though I have made pasta several times, I haven't tried pasta with tuna. So I was little confused to make tuna with tomato sauce as I don't want to use the thick tomato sauce that I use for the bolognese. Luckily I did't have the sauce too. This time I made the tomato sauce of my own for this recipe.



The recipes serves 5 - 6 people.

Ingredients
  • 500gm pack of pasta of any kind
  • 2 , 175gm tinned tuna in oil
  • 3 big tomatoes
  • 1/2 tsp garlic paste
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • shredded cheese for topping
  • 3 Tbsp Olive oil
Method
  1. Cook pasta in water with some salt until tender, then drain the water and keep aside.
  2. Making tomato sauce :  Heat olive oil in a pan, put the garlic paste, saute it until it starts brown in colour. Then put chopped tomatoes. Fry until it becomes soft. Season it with crushed pepper and salt. Then sieve tomatoes pressing down with wooden spoon. Keep the tomato sauce aside.
  3. In another pan, put tuna along with the oil. If  you are using tuna in water, drain the water. Stir for 5 minutes then add the tomato sauce. Mix together and stir for 5 more minutes. Season it if you want more.
  4. Put the cooked pasta into the tuna mixture and mix well. After couple of minutes transfer the pasta tuna mixture into oven proof dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese melted nicely. You can have this without baking too, if you want.

I liked this recipe very much and this is one of my new favorite.


Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment